Corso Docker for Node.js Projects From a Docker Captain
Course delivered in English
Access: Paid Online Course (price may vary)
Build, test, deploy Node for Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, and ARM with the latest DevOps practices from a container expert
What you'll learn
- Optimize your local development setup for NodeJS in Docker
- Operate smoothly in a team of NodeJS developers using Docker and Compose
- Improve the speed and reliability of your Node builds and testing using Docker
- Get the best NodeJS tweaks to use for dev, test, and prod
- Design NodeJS images for use with Kubernetes and Swarm
- Learn about security scanning and locking-down your NodeJS apps
11 sections • 82 lectures • 8h 24m total length
- 8 hours on-demand video
- 10 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- Know Docker 101: the Docker basics like images, containers, and docker networks
- Know NodeJS 101: Understand NodeJS language and frameworks basics
- Know the basics of command lines and shells, and packages managers like apt or yum
- Familiar with the basics of programming, cloud computing, and how to deploy apps to servers
- Use a modern Linux, Windows, or macOS computer that supports Docker
2021 Update: Ready for Apple Silicon (M1 arm64) and Raspberry Pi's!
Welcome to the best course on the planet for using Docker with Node.js! With your basic knowledge of Docker and Node.js in hand, Docker Mastery for Node.js is a course for anyone on the Node.js path. This course will help you master them together.
Your instructor Bret, an Award Winning Docker Captain, DevOps community leader, and a bestselling Udemy author, built this course for you because he lives and breathes Docker containers, and beend using Node.js since 2012.
Learn the cutting edge features of Docker that will make your Node.js apps build faster, smaller, and run more securely and reliability. Containers and Node.js are two of the hottest and most popular topics in tech.
It's just as important to know what not to do, as well the best ways to use Node.js in Docker, and I teach a huge amount of info in this course for do's and don'ts with Node.js in Docker.
You want assignments? We go through assignments using all sorts of Node.js + Docker setups. Single-container CLI apps, database-backed web apps, Express.js, hapi.js, distributed micro-service apps, Angular, Websockets, HTTP Proxies, MongoDB with proper connection shutdown, and more.
**NOTE: Be sure you know Docker basics and Node.js basics before starting this course. I suggest my Docker Mastery course first if you are new to Docker. Also read the course requirements!**
Some of the many cool things you'll do in this course:
- Build Node.js Images that auto-scan for security vulnerabilities
- Use Docker's cutting-edge BuildKit with SSH Agents and NPM Caches for better image building
- Use docker-compose with Visual Studio Code for full Node.js debug support in Docker
- Ensure you're using all the latest features of Docker Desktop
- Use BuildKit and Multi-stage Builds to create minimal and flexible Dockerfiles
- Build custom Node.js images using distro's like CentOS and Alpine
- Test Docker init, tini, and Node.js as a PID 1 process in containers
- Create Node.js apps that properly startup and respond to healthchecks
- Build graceful shutdown code into your apps for zero-downtime deploys
- Dig into HTTP connections with orchestration, and how Proxies can help
- Study examples of Docker Swarm and Kubernetes deployments for Node.js
- Migrate traditional (legacy) Node.js apps into containers
- Simplify your microservice solutions with advanced Docker Compose features
Extra things that come with this course:
- Access to the course Slack Chat team, for getting help/advice from me and other students.
- Weekly YouTube Live Q&A's where you can ask me questions live.
- Bonus videos I put elsewhere like YouTube and share via Udemy announcements.
- Tons of reference links to supplement this content.
- Updates to content as products change their features on these topics.
What you will learn in this course:
- You'll start with a quick review about getting set up with Docker, as well as Docker Compose basics. That way we're on the same page for the basics.
- Then you'll jump into Node.js Dockerfile basics, that way you'll have a good Dockerfile foundation for new features we'll add throughout the course.
- You'll be building on all the different things you learn from each Lecture in the course. Once you have the basics down of Compose, Dockerfile, and Docker Image, then you'll focus on nuances like how Docker and Linux control the Node process and how Docker changes that to make sure you know what options there are for starting up and shutting down Node.js and the right way to do it in different scenarios.
- We'll cover advanced, newer features around making the Dockerfile the most efficient and flexible as possible using things like BuildKit and Multi-stage.
- Then we'll talk about distributed computing and cloud design to ensure your Node.js apps have 12-factor design in your containers, as well as learning how to migrate old apps into this new way of doing things.
- Next we cover Compose and its awesome features to get really efficient local development and test set-up using the Docker Compose command line and Docker Compose YAML file.
- With all this knowledge, you'll progress to production concerns and making images production-ready.
- Then we'll jump into deploying those containers and running them in production. Whether you use Docker Engine or orchestration with Kubernetes or Swarm, I've got you covered. In addition, we'll cover HTTP connections and reverse proxies for connection handling and routing with multi-container systems.
- Lastly, you'll get a final, big assignment where you'll be building and deploying a large, complex solution, including multiple Node.js containers that are doing different things. You'll build Docker images, Dockerfiles, and compose files, and deploy them to a server to test. You'll need to check whether connections failover properly. You'll basically take everything you've learned and apply it in one big project!
This is a living course, and will be updated as features and workflows change.
This course is designed to be fast at getting you started but also get you deep into the "why" of things. Simply the fastest and best way to learn the latest docker skills. Look at the scope of topics in the Sessions and see the breadth of skills you will learn.
Also included is a private Slack Chat group and weekly Live YouTube Q&A for getting help with this course and continuing your Docker, Node.js, and DevOps learning with help from me and other students.
Who this course is for:
- NodeJS developers with basic Docker knowledge who want to use the best that containers has to offer
- NodeJS build engineers who want to improve their testing setups and CI/CD workflows
- New NodeJS developers who want to use Docker with all the best practices for Node
- Server operators who want to optimize their deployments and improve the stability of their NodeJS apps
- Docker users who want to understand the best and most secure ways to deply and use NodeJS
This course is added onto our catalogue to help you to understand the basics of Machine Learning, Data Science and Software Development Tools. Learning this topic opens up opportunities to be able to understand the role of a AI MAchine Learning and Big Data Specialist.
This course is managed by the external partner Udemy. In order to take this course you will need to register on their Academy platform where you can take advantage of this and many other courses on offer. This course however is not a free course but it is considered an excellent valuable asset to make you better yourself.
Once you have obtained your certification, save it on your device in Jpg or Pdf format and go back to the course page, in Guilds42, to upload it to the appropriate box and validate your skills.