Corso Java Developer Advanced -Docker & Kubernetes: The Practical Guide
Course delivered in English
Access: Paid Online Course (price may vary)
Docker & Kubernetes: The Practical Guide [2022 Edition]
Learn Docker, Docker Compose, Multi-Container Projects, Deployment and all about Kubernetes from the ground up!
16 Modules • 260 lessons and can take approx: 23 h 38 min to complete
- Module 1 Getting Started - 16 lessons - 1 h 10 min
- Module 2 Dockers Images and Containers: the core building blocks - 25 lessons - 2 h 17 min
- Module 3 Managing Data and working with Volumes - 24 lessons - 1 h 57 min
- Module 4 Networking: (Cross)Container Communications - 13 lessons - 51 min
- Module 5 Building Multi Container Applications with Docker - 12 lessons - 1 h 20 min
- Module 6 Docker Compose: Elegant Multi-Container Orchestration - 11 lesson - 58 min
- Module 7 Working with “Utility Containers” & Executing Commands in Containers - 9 lesson - 30 min
- Module 8 A more complex set-up: A Laravel & PHP Dockerized Project - 13 lessons - 1 h 17 min
- Module 9 Deploying Dockers Containers - 38 lessons - 3 h 54 min
- Module 10 Docker & Containers: A summary - 8 lessons - 18 min
- Module 11 Getting started with Kubernetes - 10 lessons - 44 min
- Nodule 12 Kubernetes in action - Diving into the core concepts - 27 lessons - 2 h 33 min
- Module 13 Managing Data & Volumes with Kubernetes - 18 lessons - 1 h 45 min
- Module 14 Kubernetes Networking - 16 lessons - 1 h 47 min
- Module 15 Kubernetes - Deployment (AWS EKS) - 18 lessons - 1 h 38 min
- Module 16 Roundup & Next Steps - 4 lessons - 14 min
What will you learn
- Learn what Docker and Kubernetes are and why you might want to use them
- Learn how to install and use Docker on any system (macOS, Windows, Linux)
- Learn how to create and use Images & Containers with Docker
- Understand complex topics like managing and persisting data with Volumes
- Learn about Container Networking with Docker Networks and DNS Service Discovery
- Learn how to deploy Docker applications - manually, with managed services or with Kubernetes
Join this bestselling Docker & Kubernetes course and learn two of the most important development technologies from the ground up, in great detail! Docker & Kubernetes are amongst the most in-demand technologies and topics you can learn these days. Why?
Because they significantly simplify the development and deployment process of both simple and complex software projects. Especially in web development (though not limited to that), Docker can really take you to the next level!
With Docker, you create and manage so-called "Containers" - basically packages of code and tools required to run that code. These containers allow you to run your programs in a predictable, environment-independent way - no matter where you need to run it.
For modern DevOps but also for local development - on your own or in a team - this is a winner feature since you will no longer have any "but it worked on my machine" discussions. It works inside of a container, hence it works everywhere! This course will teach you both Docker & Kubernetes from the ground up with all the required theory and tons of examples and demos! We'll explore all key concepts in detail and with practical examples and demos - from images and containers, over volumes and networking all the way up to deployment and Kubernetes Cluster: This course has it all!
In detail, this course includes the following topics:
- A thorough introduction to Docker, containers and why you might want to use Docker
- Detailed setup instructions for macOS and Windows
- A deep-dive into the core concepts you need to know: Containers & images
- Learn how to create custom images, use existing images and how to run containers based on such images
- Get a detailed overview of the core commands you need when working with Docker
- Learn how to work with data and how to persist data with volumes
- Explore container networking - with the outside world and between multiple containers
- Learn how to work with both single and multi-container projects
- In-depth deployment instructions: Manual deployment and deployment with managed services like AWS ECS
- Understand Kubernetes core concepts & architecture
- Learn how to create Kubernetes resources, deployments, services and how to run your containers with Kubernetes
- Dive deeply into working with data in Kubernetes projects - with different types of volumes
- Kubernetes networking and DNS service discovery
- Learn how to deploy your Kubernetes project (at the example of AWS EKS)
- And much more!
All these topics are taught in great detail with slides and theory but also, most importantly, with many examples and demo!
You'll find tons of demo projects throughout the course - using programming languages like NodeJS, Python or PHP (with Laravel). You don't need to know these languages to follow along though, no worries!
Who can benefit
- Everyone who has NOT worked with Docker or Kubernetes at all
- Everyone who is struggling with understanding what exactly Docker is (and why you might want to use it)
- (Web) developers who want to explore modern DevOps and Docker
- NO prior Docker or Kubernetes experience is required!
- Basic (web) development knowledge is required - you don't need to know a specific language though
- AWS (used in a couple of deployment examples, ~4 hours of the course) requires a credit card - you can also follow along passively though
This course is managed by the external partner Udemy. In order to take this course you will need to register on their Academy platform where you can take advantage of this and many other courses on offer. This course is not a free course but it is considered an excellent valuable preparation to jet you Job ready in Java Development. Guilds42 shall not make it compulsory in any of Pilot, however it comes highly reccommended by expert and everyone should at least consider it.
Should you wish to dig deeper you might decide to subscribe to a yearly Paid plan directly with Udemy. Once you have finished the course, go back to the course page in Guilds42 to upload proof of completion (screenshot, jpg / png / pdf) for the specific course. Your document will be evaluated and if appropriate and verifiable, you will find this certification validated in the dashboard.