Corso Manage permissions and administration for Dataverse
Course delivered in English
Access: Free Online Course (Audit)
This learning path can help you prepare for the Microsoft Certified: Power Platform App Maker Associate certification.
Modules in this learning path
- Get started with security roles in Dataverse (48 min)
Module composed by 8 Units
Topic: Do you want to use security roles to limit user permissions? This module will show you how you can set permissions to limit access to an environment or limit which users can view, edit, or delete data in an environment within Dataverse.
- Introduction to environment roles (5 min)
- Understand environment roles (5 min)
- Adding or disabling an environment user (6 min)
- Understand user security roles and security role defaults (6 min)
- Create a custom role (12 min)
- Check the roles that a user belongs to (5 min)
- Check your knowledge (6 min)
- Summary (3 min)
- Use administration options for Dataverse (35 min)
Module composed by 6 Units
Topic: Do you need to use administration options that are available for Dataverse? This module will show you how you can use solutions within Dataverse and administer environments.
- Introduction to the Power Platform Admin Center portal (7 min)
- Use the Power Platform Admin Center portal (5 min)
- Advanced Customization options in Power Apps Portal (5 min)
- Classic Administration Center (Solution Explorer) 5 min
- Check your knowledge (8 min)
- Summary (5 min)
Do you need to manage user access rights? In this learning path, you will learn how to manage permissions associated with environments and entities. You will also learn about different administrative portals and how to access each.
Many of the capabilities and exercises within this learning path require you to be a member of the Administrator Role in an environment AND you must have a valid Power Apps license. If you have not been added to the Administrator role or do not have Power Apps license assigned to you, you should create a personal environment by accessing the Community Power Apps plan and setting up a personal environment by following the directions referenced in the summary section of module one. The Community plan will allow you to use one environment (your Developer environment), create an instance Of Dataverse and access all capabilities of a Power Apps license. Sign up for a Community Power Apps plan now using the link in the summary section of this module one if you want to follow along with the instructions outlined in this learning path.
The Community Power Apps plan lets you try out aspects of Power Apps and Dataverse but you cannot use it for productions solutions and you cannot publish and share any Power Apps you create in this environment.
This course is managed by the external partner Microsoft Imagine Academy. In order to take this course you will need to register on their Academy platform where you can take advantage of this and many other courses on offer. Once you have finished the course, go back to the course page in Guilds42 to upload Certification (jpg / png / pdf). Your document will be evaluated and if appropriate and verifiable, you will find this certification validated in the dashboard.