Corso Operating Systems from scratch - Part 1
Course delivered in English
Access: Paid Online Course (price may vary)
Learn the concepts of Operating Systems from scratch as Operating System forms the core of Computer Science
- 9 sections • 66 lectures • 8h 21m total length
This course includes:
- 8.5 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
You’ve just stumbled upon the most complete, in-depth Operating System course series online. With over 2700 students enrolled and hundreds of 5 star reviews to date, these comprehensive operating system tutorials cover everything you’ll ever need.
Whether you want to:
- - build the skills you need to get started with computer science
- - move to a top notch software company like google by cracking their interview questions on operating systems.
- - get a top grade in semester exam
- - or just learn computer science to be able to understand on how to build better apps.
...this complete operating system series is the course you need to do all of this, and more.
- Are you aiming to get your computer science degree with high level of expertise in core subjects ?
- or Are you aiming to get placed in a a top notch company like Google, Microsoft ?
- or Are you a college student struggling to understand the basics of computer science ?
- or Are you a software developer who would want to develop better apps by understanding the theory behind computer science ?
This course is designed to give you the operating system skills you need to crack the interview questions on operating system in top notch companies. By the end of the course you will understand Operating System Concepts extremely well and be able to start with any subject of computer science.
Lots of students with no zero knowledge of computer science have been successful with their college exams or interview by taking this course.
Here are some examples of students who found this course to do wonders for their college exams or interviews or software jobs.
"thank you , i finished the operating system course in the college with a good grade 85" by Moamen Medleg
"His way of explaining complex concept is Great. I started to understand little bit that this is base for all programming language. I have around 12 years of IT experience. Hope OS learning should be mandatory to all before starting their career in IT" by Happy.
"Very good explanation of all the learning materials. He is unlike many other instructors who just throws things out to you expecting you to absorb the things that are being thrown at you. He is someone who explains things in a manner that is understandable and absorbable even to O/S beginners with only limited knowledge or background in O/S. Two thumbs up from me! Thank you so much!" by Mike
"I really enjoyed this course. Instructor made it seems like he is standing there and wouldn't leave the screen until the concepts gets into your head. So much engaging and wherever he says, we will see this later. He make sure you will. I totally recommend" by Surbhi Vasudeva
"excellent course i had started with 0 knowledge now i had learned so much best lecturer super planning of schedule" by Harshavardhan Gupta
"I really enjoyed the course and the instructor provided a great overview of the fundamentals of the theory behind operating systems. In case you are confused, the course is theoretical as opposed to a walk through of how to use Windows, Mac, etc. Instead, he provides an overview of the algorithms used to move processes from RAM to the CPU. I look forward to Part 2" by John Simons
"Great, very detailed course. Ideal for non IT-educated students like me" by Michal Burdzy
"Great Teacher. Takes concepts slow and repeats definitions and meanings multiple times so there is no need to pause the video or rewind it to hear a definition. Uses this practice to reinforce the material in your mind and ensure you actually learn it rather than hear it" by Sam Debois
The course series (part 1 to 4) on operating systems is a whopping 46 hours long. Because the course is designed as a one stop shop for Operating System Concepts. And this 46 hours dedication will change your way of thinking towards computer science.
Why would you choose to learn Operating Systems ?
The reality is that there are a lot of computer science subjects out there. It's in the hundreds. Why would you choose the operating systems subject?
The reason is starting most of the subjects of computer science will become far more easier if you have a good understanding of operating systems. By learning this subject you are not only getting started with operating system but also getting started with computer science.
What textbook should I follow ?
I have used operating system concepts by Galvin. Its a great textbook. You can follow it. But I have referred lot of other textbooks like Tanenbaum, William Stallings, etc. So its upto you on which textbook you are comfortable with but follow a standard author book. If you complete this course, you will find it much easier to understand these textbooks. But anyway if you complete this course with good detailed notes, you don't need to read any textbook as I am reading them for you and giving the contents in an easy to understand manner.
Why should you take this course?
- It's been a best seller since it's release on Udemy, you would be joining over 2700 students who are already enrolled in the course.
- There are close to 500 reviews left by students. It's rated as the best course to learn operating system for beginners.
This course is added onto our catalogue to help you to understand the basics of computer science. Learning this topic opens up opportunities to be able to understand the design of a programmable central processing unit.
We are confident that this learning material will allow you to improve considerably your comprehension and allow you to access many other amazing technical courses in our catalogue. This class is the foundation of a computer science curriculum and fundamental for anyone approaching to Coding and looking to become a tech digital professional. This is why Guilds42 has introduced this Course, even if it is not a free course.
This course is managed by the external partner Udemy. In order to take this course you will need to register on their Academy platform where you can take advantage of this and many other courses on offer. This course however is not a free course but it is considered an excellent valuable asset to make you better yourself.
What you'll learn
- You will become very familiar with the core concepts of Operating Systems
- You will be able to challenge the interviewer on questions related to Operating Systems
- You will view Computer Science in a different dimension
- You will be able to answer all questions of exams like GATE,PGEE,ISRO (after completing all parts of OS course)
- You will be able to get a top grade in your Operating systems course in your Bachelor's degree
- Understand how Operating Systems work
- Understand how a process is created
- Understand how CPU scheduling is done in Operating Systems
- Understand the various scheduling algorithms we have in Operating Systems
- Understand how CPU , Memory and Disk work together
- Understand Memory managment in Operating Systems
- Understand how a process is moved from hard disk to RAM
- understand memory allocation strategies used by operating systems
- Have a PC with internet connection
- Even ZERO knowledge in Operating Systems is fine - I'll teach you everything you need to know