Corso The Foundations of Computer Design
Course delivered in English
Access: Paid Online Course (price may vary)
Learn how basic computers are designed - a fundamental topic in computer science
7 sections • 39 lectures • 2h 0m total length
This course includes:
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
What you'll learn
- Know what binary numbers are and how to do basic math with them
- Know how a computer uses electricity to do computations
- Design and program a basic, but working, CPU and memory circuit
- Be able to define and understand basic assembly and machine code
- Students should have a desire to understand how computers really work
- The only required knowledge is basic math and the ability to think logically however a total beginner will likely find this class very challenging
- Learn how a computer works with this basic, but detailed course on the foundations of computer design.
- In this course you will learn how a computer really works and by the end you will be able to understand the design of a programmable central processing unit. This class is the foundation of a computer science curriculum.
- Designing your first computer!
- Learn binary and hexadecimal numbers
- Understand logic gates
- Recognize multiplexers decoders and the ALU
- Learn how to design memory chips and CPU registers
- Build a basic central processing unit
- A building block to more advanced computer topics
This course is added onto our catalogue to help you to understand how computers really work. Learning how a computer really works opens up opportunities to be able to understand the design of a programmable central processing unit. The only required knowledge is basic math and the ability to think logically however a total beginner will likely find this class very challenging.
We are confident that this learning material will allow you to improve considerably your comprehension and allow you to access many other amazing technical courses in our catalogue. This class is the foundation of a computer science curriculum and fundamental for anyone approaching to Coding and looking to become a tech digital professional. This is why Guilds42 has introduced this Course, even if it is not a free course.
This course is managed by the external partner Udemy. In order to take this course you will need to register on their Academy platform where you can take advantage of this and many other courses on offer. This course however is not a free course but it is considered an excellent valuable asset to make you better yourself.
Guilds42 shall not make it compulsory in any of Pilot, however it comes highly reccommended by expert and everyone should at least consider it.
Should you wish to dig deeper you might decide to subscribe to a yearly Paid plan directly with Udemy. Once you have finished the course, go back to the course page in Guilds42 to upload proof of completion (screenshot, jpg / png / pdf) for the specific course. Your document will be evaluated and if appropriate and verifiable, you will find this certification validated in the dashboard.
This course starts from the ground up and completes with a fully functioning programmable computer.
Advanced computer design topics such as power or speed optimizations are not covered but all the information needed to understand basic computer design is packed into this course. A total beginner will likely need to repeat a few of the lectures but it can be understood by anyone who takes the time to study each of the lectures. Anyone who desires to become a computer science expert must know how processors really work and this course is the first step towards that goal.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for students who desire to know how a basic computer is designed and programmed
- Computer professionals who were never exposed to assembly programming may also find this course useful.