Corso Intermediate Machine Learning
Course delivered in English
Access: Free Online Course (Audit)
Learn to handle missing values, non-numeric values, data leakage and more. Your models will be more accurate and useful.
Lesson 1 - Introduction
- Review what you need for this Micro-Course
Lesson 2 - Missing Values
- Missing values happen. Be prepared for this common challenge in real datasets.
Lesson 3 - Categorical Variables
- There's a lot of non-numeric data out there. Here's how to use it for machine learning
Lesson 4 - Pipelines
- A critical skill for deploying (and even testing) complex models with pre-processing
Lesson 5 - Cross-Validation
- A better way to test your models
Lesson 6 - XGBoost
- The most accurate modeling technique for structured data
Lesson 7 - Data Leakage
- Find and fix this problem that ruins your model in subtle ways
Bonus Lessons - Get Started:
- Mar Tabular Playground Competition
- Apply what you have learned in this course to a beginner-friendly competition.
If you have some background in machine learning and you'd like to learn how to quickly improve the quality of your models, you're in the right place! In this micro-course, you will accelerate your machine learning expertise by learning how to:
- tackle data types often found in real-world datasets (missing values, categorical variables),
- design pipelines to improve the quality of your machine learning code,
- use advanced techniques for model validation (cross-validation),
- build state-of-the-art models that are widely used to win Kaggle competitions (XGBoost), and
- avoid common and important data science mistakes (leakage)
Prerequisite Skills: You should tackle this course once you completed
Completing Intermediate Machine Learning will equip you with the foundation you need to further your learning the one of the most sought after professionality in the market.
- Empowered Learning & Job Preparedness
- Set goals and create a personal action plan to support a coding and Machine Learning journey.
- Preparing for Job-readiness
- Planning for personal and professional growth
- Planning and Producing a portfolio
- Developing professional attitudes
This course is managed by the external partner Kaggle. In order to take this course you will need to register on their Academy platform where you can take advantage of this and many other courses on offer.
Kaggle might not issue a Certificate for completing this course; however we will! Once you have finished the course, go back to the course page in Guilds42 to upload an evidence of completion (screenshot jpg / png / pdf). Your document will be evaluated and if appropriate and verifiable, you will find this certification validated in the dashboard.